From RJC: "He is comfortable with your sessions. He is learning." Feedback from father of Year 1 student doing H2 Literature. From Dunman High: "He finds your explanations very clear." Feedback from mother of Year 2 student doing LA, History and Geography with me. From St Patrick Secondary: "He enjoys your sessions very much." Feedback from mother of Sec 3 student doing Literature with me. From Kent Ridge Secondary: "He is learning from you. He finds them useful." Feedback from mother of Sec 3 student doing Geography, History, Social Studies and English with me. From National Junior College: "Mdm Yu, you are many times better than my Lit teacher. My essays have improved tremendously. Thanks to you my grades are now up!" Feedback from student doing H2 Literature in her second year. From ACSI (IB): "He says you are the best Literature teacher he ever has!" Feedback from mother of Year 6 student doing Literature with me From ACSI (IB): "They(the sessions) are good and I regret not coming to you sooner." Feedback from Year 6 student doing Literature with me.
Ancient Civilisations Industrial Revolution Scientific Revolution Spanish Revolution French Revolution Chinese Revolution Russian Revolution Meiji Restoration Modern World History History of America Ancient SIngapore Modern Singapore Southeast Asia Middle East Modern Japan Modern China World War I World War II Northern Ireland Modern Britain Cold War Detente
The advantages of IP Lang Arts & Humanities sessions with me are as follows:
- individual attention: as the groups are small - not more than 4, I am able to give personal attention to each student.
- texts used in schools are covered. This is probably the only place where whatever texts the student used in schools will be covered in the session. If I am unable to help you with the text because I have not read it or taught it before, I will not take you in.
- customised sessions that are targeted at the school syllabus. No extra charge if parents want to include a more general component related to Lang Arts.
- numerous case studies, examples and relevant up-to-date cases are provided. Techniques to answer essays and source-based questions are imparted and I will role-model to show them how it is done.
- help for school homework and projects - these are important components of the IP which engages in continual assessment.
- no upfront payment of fees
- no charge if you do not turn up; you pay only for the sessions you attend.