It has been one hectic year. As 2015 draws to a close, a new year beckons, and I have been privileged to teach new titles. Not all the new texts are featured here. Some of them are completely new to me, i.e. I have not read them before and some I taught about 5 years or more ago. The trouble or rather the challenge (if I look at it positively) is that for lower sec and IP Lit, the texts change – new ones replaced erstwhile titles. Indeed even for “A” level Lit, the same reality applies and so poor the Lit tutor is always kept busy. So tutoring Lit has to involve more than just pecuniary motives; there must be an abiding passion for the subject, a dedication to helping students appreciate the subject and a strong desire for them to do their best for it. So call me and tell me what texts your child or you the student are doing for next year.
Shakespeare remains widely read and rightly so – Nanyang Girls, Dunman High, ACS I and Temasek Junior College are among some of the IP institutions doing his plays. Note reinforcements, passage-based question practices and essay-writing are part of the sessions. We help you with your IOC, your group presentation and the extended essays on his plays. Call 98761777. We have proven results and references.
We also provide tuition for JC students doing Twelfth Night and Othello. Call us now and start having fun with Shakespeare and most importantly doing well for his plays!
All in all, close to 30 plays are covered – probably the most extensive help given for students studying his plays in schools.
- individual attention: as the groups are small – not more than 4, I am able to give personal attention to each student.
- texts used in schools are covered. This is probably the only place where whatever texts the student used in schools will be covered in the session. If I am unable to help you with the text because I have not read it or taught it before, I will not take you in.
- customised sessions that are targeted at the school syllabus. No extra charge if parents want to include a more general component related to Lang Arts.
- numerous case studies, examples and relevant up-to-date cases are provided. Techniques to answer essays and source-based questions are imparted and I will role-model to show them how it is done.
- help for school homework and projects – these are important components of the IP which engages in continual assessment.
- no upfront payment of fees
- no charge if you do not turn up; you pay only for the sessions you attend.
The sessions are fun and productive – they benefit the students and help them do well. Our sessions are result-oriented and we assure parents that their children will enjoy the lessons!
So sign up for the sessions now and say good bye to spending hours and tearing your hair out trying to figure out how to answer that question or start the project. Stop being frustrated with skimpy Powerpoint slides that do not have sufficient details to help you construct a proper essay. Stop being in a daze because your Humanities teacher zooms from one topic to another! I am here to help you!