A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce
Adding a new title is a lot of work but it demonstrates my commitment to help as many students as possible.
There are many special features of the Literature sessions. Some of them are as follows:
- no downloading of online materials from Wikipedia, Sparknotes or Bookrags.
- no simple relating of events in the book
Instead there will be:
- understanding the contexts. - relating the texts to certain periods such as modernism, postmodernism, naturalist theatre, etc and to the events and cultural phenomena of the period in which the texts are set.
- detailed analysis and interpretation of events, actions and dialogue
- mapping of literary and cultural theories onto the reading of the texts
- analysing questions and practising answering them.